For years I’ve heard mention of World Breastfeeding Week, but didn’t really participate in any breastfeeding week functions. This year I learned that a local La Leche League group was holding a Live, Love, Latch! event with a potluck, raffle, local vendors, and a chance to get your nursing photo taken by photographer Shauna Oritz. This event is being celebrated throughout the United States all this week (see if the event local to you hasn’t passed yet, here) as part of World Breastfeeding Week to provide a space for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding family members alike to join together in support of breastfeeding. Coordinators try to create a strong network and beat the previous years’ records for the number of supporters in attendance.
The Tri-Valley, CA event I attended had 35 nursing mothers with little ones ranging from 3 weeks to 3 years, and a total of 107 supporters! Thanks to the 12 vendors who donated 17 items to the raffle, families walked away from the event not only feeling the support of the breastfeeding community, but with some new jewelry, cleaning supplies, kiddo outfits, doTERRA oils, and other goodies!
- The 9 Most Common Postpartum Nutrient Deficiencies and How to Prevent Them
- A Hidden Postpartum Crisis: The 411 on Postnatal Depletion Syndrome
- 6 Things You Need to Know Before Becoming a Dad
- Dazzling New Year Pregnancy Bump Photo Cards
- Fantastic Family Gift Ideas for Creating Holiday Memories
- 5 New Top Rated Breastfeeding Products to Try ASAP
- 3 Reasons You Need to Go to the Watermark Conference For Women
- The Big List of Meal Delivery Options — With Reviews and Coupon Codes!
- Car in Review: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
- 6 Free Apps For Selling or Buying Kids Clothes
- Summer Staycations: California Bay Area
- Travleing With Kids: Packing For Two