Between doilies, rose bushes and large floral shirts, flower prints have a rep for being a hit with grandmas. But they’re also perfect for you and the kiddos too. Scroll through for a few examples of how to rock your own floral, and check out a sample outfit at the end.
This look adds length, a modern neckline (that’s great for breastfeeding) and a bit of shimmer to update these florals. Because the front zipper has a golden hue, I added gold necklace and shimmery gold belt. The jeans also have a bit of sparkle, while the brown shoes fit the modern twist on a classic look theme and hues.
A floral sweater in the warm hues (cream) can be added without making the outfit too busy as well, and still doesn’t look like a doily.
Beatnik Beach Party
Now that I’m 30 I’m taking a fashion risk I never did before — mixing patterns. Usually I’d wear either a solid black or white shirt with these dotted pants, but this rose shirt is also a great match, making the look a bit more fun.
- Black cami from Costco in a 2-pack for $10, but this maternity cami from Old Navy ($6 clearance) looks long enough
- Merona Black Floral Blouse ($25, only plus size online, more sizes in stores)
How do you wear your florals? Tag @savvyeveryday in your pics.
- The 9 Most Common Postpartum Nutrient Deficiencies and How to Prevent Them
- A Hidden Postpartum Crisis: The 411 on Postnatal Depletion Syndrome
- 6 Things You Need to Know Before Becoming a Dad
- Floral Spring Pregnancy Photo Card
- Fantastic Family Gift Ideas for Creating Holiday Memories
- 5 New Top Rated Breastfeeding Products to Try ASAP
- This Family’s Labyrinth Halloween Costumes Win the Internet
- 5 Meaningful Family Thanksgiving Bonding Activities
- Free! Love-Themed Baby Bump Cards Download for Mamas
- A Day at Coyote Hills in the 2016 Toyota Camry SE
- Car in Review: 2016 Kia Sorento
- Tatted For Love: 8 Moms Share Their Stories