Once Winter hits the complaints usually start to roll in about how cold it is or how the kids are driving mom nuts because they’re wired but can’t run around outside to get out their energy so this post is all about the things moms (in California) love about Winter. Remember, there’s always a plus side!
Not only are sweaters warm and comfy, but wearing a sweater means that you don’t have to rush to shave in the shower. Yes, winter is an excuse to not shave . . . and it’s glorious.
These boots are made for walking . . . and splashing in puddles with the kids. Who doesn’t love wearing boots when it’s cold out? Oooh, especially if they’re boots to go wear in the snow. Chances are that if you live in a snowy Winterland you’re probably a bit perplexed about a California mom’s excitement when she visits the snow, but it’s simply because it’s something to visit and not shovel every morning to leave the driveway in this scenario.
Not only does California desperately need the rain that is currently gracing us with it’s presence, but there’s nothing like cuddling up in bed with the kiddos and listening to the rain while you read a bedtime story or drink some hot chocolate and veg out. Rain and cold weather also means a ton of warm jackets, long pants and . . . no shaving! Bonus: Nor Cal moms get to enjoy lush green hills with little rainbows after the rainfall.
4. Dress Up
Summer clothes are cute, but Winter clothes are so much cuter on kids in California. It’s during Winter that a mom doesn’t have to choose between this or that and can put multiple layers and options on the kiddo because it’s cold enough to justify it!
Why do you love being a mom in Winter? Share a few of your favorite reasons and your state in the comments section below!
- The 9 Most Common Postpartum Nutrient Deficiencies and How to Prevent Them
- A Hidden Postpartum Crisis: The 411 on Postnatal Depletion Syndrome
- Sweet Father’s Day Gifts for the Expecting Dad
- 6 Things You Need to Know Before Becoming a Dad
- Shopping for Preschoolers? Gift Ideas To Keep Your Kids Engaged All Holiday Season
- 3 Tips for Buying Big Sibling Gifts From Baby
- Postpartum Items for Mom & Baby I’m Glad I Had
- Free Downloadable MOANA Kids Activity Pack
- DIY Lighted Pom Pom Wall Flowers & Kitchen
- 9 Christmas PJs For Your Little Star Wars Fan
- 3 Free Downloadable “The Good Dinosaur” Activities to Preoccupy Your Kids
- Car in Review: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES