It’s officially Fall but it’s still fairly hot here in California (and we’re not quite used to the busy school and work schedule this season brings just yet) so I’m all about simple and refreshing meals right now. This fresh and easy 10-minute cucumber bean salad is perfect for lunches, potlucks, or even a main dish at dinner!
Since I made the tastiest 10-minute hummus I’ve ever eaten I’ve been trying to think of some other super tasty quick bean recipes using the S&W Beans I have on hand. With the warm weather and business of our schedules paired with how little time I have to prep things in the kitchen before the baby gets upset I needed another 10-minute bean recipe that didn’t require baking anything so this idea for a cucumber bean salad emerged. We’ve been eating a lot of onions here, and a lot of cucumbers. So I figured it made sense to pair them with organic S&W Black Beans (you could use other varieties but I wanted to try it with these).
With over 120 years of expertise, I know that I’m getting the best quality bean out there from S&W Beans. I mean, they look great and taste great! I love that they offer classic, low-sodium, and organic versions of the variety of beans they produce to accommodate the needs of different families, too. Personally, I buy the low-sodium and organic versions. Get $1 off your own purchase of S&W Beans using this link now through 12/31/17! Keep reading for the 10-minute cucumber salad recipe!
10-Minute Cucumber Bean Salad
- 1 Can of S&W Black Beans
- 2 Small-Medium Cucumbers
- 0.5 An Onion, sliced (and chopped if desired)
- 0.25 cup Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Rinse and drain 1 can of S&W beans
- Peel and chop the cucumbers, then place them in a large bowl
- Slice half an onion then add sliced onions to the bowl with the cucumbers
- Once rinsed and dried, add beans to the large bowl
- Pour olive oil over ingredients in the bowl
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix well and chill until you're ready to serve your salad!